Sunday, July 19, 2009

A few of our favorite things

Jared has begun wearing the Sully costume...in the heat of the summer...and really enjoying Monsters, Inc...Today he said he wanted to wear his monster truck shirt, but couldn't understand why there was no monster driving it :)...He has also gotten recently attached to the cartoon Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron. He especially likes the horse named Rain. He pretends to be her by wearing Grandpa's feather behind his ear.

Today we were invited to Primary for Sr. sharing time. While we were waiting to participate, Jason was commenting on how blonde Makayla's hair is getting. I smiled. Three hours a day for four days at Myrna's for swim lessons will do that!

This weekend we went camping at the Galesville reservoir. Some friends of ours were kind enough to take us tubing and wakeboarding with them. It was REALLY fun! Thanks so much for inviting us!! Jason and the kids are pretty adventurous! Friday night I was noticing how tan the kids are getting, all except Derek, which is probably a good thing, at almost one! Can you believe it, the 29th?!

The little rascal threw his pacifier in sacrament meeting over the pew in front of us, under the pew in front of it. Brother Colburn was sitting in the pew in front of us and kindly gave it back. Jared had a few temper tantrums, and was escorted out. I guess while I was gone Derek threw his pacifier a few more times, and Brother Colburn was nice enough to keep returning it. After church I was getting set apart. Brother Colburn came into the bishop's office as we were leaving and says to Jason, "Oh, that was your son that kept throwing his pacifier!" Good thing Jason won't be on the stand next week, while we're visiting Nana and Papa's ward! :) Thankfully we'll have a few more Sundays to reinforce reverent behavior before we visit Grandma and Grandpa's ward! :)

4 comments:

Vallente said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! (But I guess I should look at my own too huh?) lol Looks like you're enjoying your summer. We're still working on the reverence thing! One day. One day. lol Miss you guys!

Tara said...

What fun times! Makayla and Malia are good divers- much better than their Aunt Tara! I still like to plug my nose! I feel for you on the reverence thing- I've noticed that mine are even more rambunctious when Papa isn't sitting with us, too.

By the way, what's your new calling?

Natalie said...

What a bunch a cute kids. Looks like you have had a busy summer. Kennedy loved the slide show. Kennedy is bleaching out a lot with swim lessons too. She has lessons twice a week and loves it!!

Grandma said...

They just make me laugh! Such cute kiddos!!