Sunday, July 18, 2010

"Together is our favorite place to be"

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free slideshow


Thank you SO much for a fun, fun time!! We miss you already!! I was wondering today how it could have been a week ago that we went to sacrament meeting with you at Snowbird?!

My Dad asked today what we were going to do for fun now? :) Hopefully we can think of something!

Makayla's praying and crossing fingers for a deep sea fishing trip that brings two special people our way! Me too...

The drive to Snowbird is fortunately a thing of the past! Malia is feeling much better now.

We just need to start giving her drops of equal parts vinegar and water in her ears after she swims to help prevent any more swimmer's ear!! I haven't figured out yet what to use as a dropper to administer, and how much of each to use... What a blessing medicine is!! The antibiotics and ear drops we got before the trip helped out a lot.

The drive home was much better, no disgusting grocery bags created! :)

It sure was long. I had to keep reminding myself that I was sitting in a comfy air-conditioned car, that my sweet husband drove the enitre time, and not walking while pulling a handcart, barefoot, in the scorching sun. Or holding Derek on my hip, walking, with the kids, while Jason was with the Mormon Battalion. I think the timing was really neat. Being in a state so full of our history is exciting so close to Pioneer Day. I am in awe of our pioneers! To think that Jason, the kids and I are descendants of some who experienced "crossing the plains" (I'm not so angry about that phrase now :) ), is very humbling indeed.

I agree that, "Together is our favorite place to be!" :) (The view while doing dishes today was much more pleasant, thanks to a certain tile with an uplifting phrase on it! :) )

A friend of mine and I were talking tonight, and commenting on what we remember best, and value the most. It's those times we spend with the ones we love the most, and the wonderful memories they create! The walks, swimming, talking, laughing, listening, playing, games, reading books, getting eachother wet across the river, celebrating birthdays, being silly in the car, sharing a meal, creating, doing crafts, watching a show together, working, serving, teaching, learning, exploring, visiting somewhere that is part of your past...giving and receiving the gifts of time and self!! Those are the things that make a life rich, full, and have meaning! In this way I'm incredibly wealthy!!

In Sunday School we talked about the influence of righteous and wicked leaders. The lesson asked about experiences where we were influenced by righteous leadership from parents, teachers, leaders, etc. It was neat to remember some examples from my life. Of course now that the lesson is over, I can think of many more examples than I could while standing before my class, or while I was preparing for the lesson! :) Such is life, I suppose.

I'm so grateful to know that our Savior made it possible to have forever together with loved ones and to be able to participate in the things that will help me to acheive that!!

5 comments:

Grandma said...

Snowbird always goes by too fast! Thanks for sharing and helping to make the fun times!!! We are missing the gorgeous mountain views and the swimming pool fun already! XXOO

Burke family said...

Soooo jealous! Snowbird really is one of the best places on earth, huh? Glad you guys had a great week.

Vallente said...

Sounds like an AWESOME vacation! We are definitely a spoiled generation, huh? I'm thinking I would have been a big pansy of a pioneer. :) Kids are so beautiful, Suzie! I love reading your blog, all the good and struggles. Reminds me I'm not alone in this crazy parenting journey! I always hope that someday our paths will cross again and we'll get to see each other all growed up! Someday. :) Miss you girl!

Miss Megan said...

That is my new favorite quote! Don't be surprised if you see me use it sometime :) How fun to get to go to such a fun place with such fun people!

Tara said...

Such wonderful memories! I wish we could have been there, too! Sounds like it was worth the car trip back and forth.