Saturday, December 1, 2012

"The Happiest Place on Earth"

One of my parent's Christmas gifts to our family was a day at Disneyland while we were visiting for Thanksgiving.
The last time we went, I was hugely pregnant with Derek. I love that I got to spend a lot of one on one time with him on his first Disneyland trip! He was so excited to go on Pirates of the "Carrybean". Jared loved going on almost all of the big roller coasters!
I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, and even fewer that turned out as I would have hoped. Oh well. We still had so much fun---and I re-learned that someone else's chosen attitude doesn't have to dictate mine.
We even ran into someone from our ward in Grants Pass!
Poor Malia got lost for a few minutes. I was terrified. We had come back from a very late picnic/cooler dinner at the van. We were on Main Street. We were looking for a spot to watch the fireworks. Some people had asked Jason to take their picture, without my noticing. Somehow from the time I asked Malia where Jason was, to finding a spot on the sidewalk, she followed the wrong stroller. When we sat down I noticed she wasn't with us. After a few frantic minutes of asking strangers if they'd seen her, I headed to city hall. In minutes security called back. Someone noticed her. They asked if something was wrong. When she told them she was separated from us, she was escorted to missing children. Which is where I gratefully picked her up.
As much fun as that was, thanks to the restored gospel, being in the temple with my loved ones, or just spending time with my family, are my "happiest place on earth".

2 comments:

Grandma said...

What a great Christmas present!! Glad we didn't lose cute little Malia permanently! Sounds like a long day full of fun and excitement.

Tara said...

You are so right! What a fun place to be with your family! That must have been about the scariest experience of your life losing Malia! I'm so glad it worked out. Love you guys!