Thursday, April 16, 2009

There's no place like home!

Silly Makayla, binkies are for Derek!
Oh, the concentration!

He is so close to crawling!


I'm sad to confess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday morning! I was stuck in overwhelm, and not handling it well at all! After things calmed down the day took a turn for the better. By dinner's end I found myself leaving Jason with the kids and going for a walk. My mind began to wander. I've been reading, "The History of Joseph Smith by His Mother", and I began to be reminded of how easy I really have it! One of my goals this month was to revert to a mental list of some of my blessings when I start feeling ungrateful. It was humbling. Easter was not even a week ago, and already I'd forgotten my Savior's many gifts to me and His ultimate sacrifice! I'd forgotten the many gifts and sacrifices of my husband, children, my parents, siblings, in-laws (parent and siblings), friends, heroes like Joseph Smith, Jr., our prophet today, President Monson, other Church leaders, and those who helped bring our scriptures to light (to name a few)... All have made my life rich and happy. Thank you all! Thank you for reminding me, there's no place like home!

3 comments:

Burke family said...

Just look at those darling smiley faces. You can't feel too bad for too long with these precious little children, huh? You do the best you can and just remember all of the fun parts. That gets me through the rough days. Being a mom is definitely a thankless job, but such a blessing. We all love you!

Grandma said...

Sometimes it just seems like there are too many people wanting too much!! All you want is a little peace and quiet and some time for yourself. It may not seem like it right now but all too soon, you have more peace and quiet than you ever wanted and actually miss those hectic crazy busy times!!:) Hugs for you!!!

Tara said...

I have to say I'm glad to hear you're human! I don't know how you do it all! But now I know- it's your great attitude! Thanks for reminding me of what's important.