Sunday, May 30, 2010

We like to party, party!

I should have known from Makayla's delivery that she LIVES to prolong the good times as LONG as she possibly can (and puts off what she doesn't want to do as LONG as she possibly can)! :) How could that have been 10 years ago?!


This weekend has been a whirlwind so far, and we haven't even started Memorial Day yet!

Well, Friday night we were supposed to have Makayla's friend Taylor over. We were going to pick her up from school, and she was going to stay the night. Friday night we were all going to a friends' house for a potluck and games. Saturday morning the girls were going to be in the Boatnik Parade playing their string instruments...until poor Malia threw up early Friday morning. She complained of a headache the night before and a few times I've had headaches bad enough to make me extremely nauseous. I thought this was of a similar nature, until after breakfast, when she didn't quite make it into the bathroom in time. Poor Malia stayed home from school and the slumber party was postponed. Many of you know how well Makayla takes disappointment... both girls were as a result, as Fancy Nancy would say, "crestfallen"!

Happily though what started out as sure tragedy, turned into a pretty good day after all! Another friend of ours was very sweet and she and her family gave Makayla a gift card. Naturally Makayla had to cash in on it right away! (Thank you! It was the perfect pick me up for Makayla!) When Dad got home he took everyone but Malia and I to our friends' potluck. Malia and I had so much fun on our one on one time, and everyone else had a blast at our friends' potluck!

Naturally as soon as Makayla woke up Saturday morning she wanted to open presents! (Thank you!! She loves them all!) After breakfast everyone but Derek and I went swimming. We enjoyed some one on one time, and went and played in Kid Zone. Then we went out to eat, and rented, "The Spy Next Door". I thought it was a fun show! We played Makayla's new games, had cake and ice cream with Taylor, and then Makayla went to Taylor's house for pizza and a movie.

The girls played Life before church today. It made me laugh that Makayla didn't want to be in the picture because her hair was messed up!


Jared looked so handsome in his suit today, I had to post a picture!


Taylor brought over her presents for Makayla tonight.


To a certain extent I realized it was a losing battle!


When I saw these jammies this past fall, they reminded me of Makayla! We saved them for her birthday.


When she saw the fairy village cake in the Family Fun magazine she told me that that was the cake she wanted for her birthday. Gulp! I'm glad she liked how it turned out.


This is the type of posing and strutting we saw all day. This was accompanied with comments such as "I am so in style in this outfit!" or "Is it vain to think you look pretty in a certain outfit? Cause I think I do!"


Derek's idea of what a birthday breakfast should be! It fell off the fridge, and he snatched it up, and started eating it long before I even realized what had happened!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Happy Birthday Makayla! Celebrating birthdays for as long as possible is a Hatt girl thing - and we do it well!!! Your cake is ( I guess was, by now!) amazing!! Your friend Taylor looks like a cute, fun girl! I am glad you have a least one special friend that is a girl!! :) I think you look very stylish and oh so pretty in your new birthday outfit too! You rock it girl!! It was hard to miss out on the birthday celebration - we haven't missed many! Looks like you had lots of fun without us!! See you all soon!!! XXOO PS loved the crimped hair, Jared's suit, and Malia's tongue! Such cute and talented children! Just like their parents!!

Natalie said...

Always an adventure around there! I LOVE the new birthday outfit! I agree that it's very stylish! You're rockin' it! Sorry that things got a little mixed up on the birthday, but it seems that you had a great time in the end! We love you!!

Tara said...

Makayla is 10! Wow! She sure is a beautiful ten-year-old and very stylish! I'm glad the weekend turned out so well despite the harsh beginning! And your cake looks awesome and very delicious!