Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy, Happy Birthday Derek, Dear!

Although his official birthday isn't until Friday, we're going to proceed like we'll be moving on Saturday, except we can't ask people to help us move, and we can't reserve a U-Haul yet, but other than that... :) (We had a hiccup brought to our attention on Friday,which might delay us, but we're going to demonstrate our faith)... Long story long, yesterday we celebrated his 3rd birthday early.
While I was at the church preparing a binder to help orient one of our new Sunbeam teachers, Jason was repairing bikes, so Derek decided it was time for cake.
I did some damage control.

Earlier in the week Makayla was able to go to Y.W. Camp for the day. Our stake invited the 11 year old girls for the day. It blows my mind that next year she'll be old enough to go for the entire time!!
Time sure flies. My youngest is getting too old, just like all of his siblings!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Suzy -the cake turned out very cute!! Apparently Derek thought it was irresistable!! :) Don't talk to me about babies being old!! Yikes!!

Burke family said...

I can tell that was a way cute cake! Even though a little someone dug in early. :) Mom told me about the appraisal... ugh! I'm so sorry! Hang in there. I think jason is right - everything is going to work out. Keep the faith! We love you guys and continue to pray for you!

Tara said...

I agree- what a cute cake!! Derek is getting way too big! We're sorry about the hiccup, too, but we'll keep you in our prayers. Seems like we've all had some hiccups with houses but it all works out for the best in the end. We love y'all!