Last night at dinner we were reminiscing, and comparing delivery experiences. Malia was sad to find out that her Dad and I missed church bringing her into the world. Makayla laughs that Grandma was the only one that could get their Dad to take their Mom to the hospital (Jason attributes it to Makayla taking 20+ hours, most in the uncomfortable hospital, to get here), and thanks to Grandma, I was able to get some pain relief before Malia was born. Daddy liked Malia's delivery the best. Two hours after checking in, he's holding his newest, sweet little one.
I just realized that these ultrasound pictures were taken on what would be Derek's birthday I think 6 years later.
Look how little she is! My Dad's got her in one arm. I'm so glad they were able to come and visit us. I think Malia is just a few days old here, and I think at this point Jason had just left for Reno. :( We really were taken care of in Pocatello!

This year Malia wanted a picture of a flower on a white rectangular background for her cake.
Malia was excited that she got to wear her birthday girl shirt to school today. She also got to watch a movie today. She really wanted the boys and I to come to the school and eat cupcakes with her class. I didn't ever find out exactly what time they were going to have them when I brought them in this morning, and after Derek's mishap yesterday after having a birthday snack with Jared's class, I was mortified at the thought of passing the office with him. (He pulled the fire alarm. The entire school had to evacuate. Today when we picked Malia up, she told me her teacher said that they're supposed to have a fire drill once a month, and now they're set for January!)
She was waiting so patiently for Jason to get home so we could go eat her birthday dinner, eat cake and ice cream, and open presents. That was one of the fastest present openings I think I've seen. She was looking for her boombox. She promptly went upstairs and began listening to, "The Secret Garden" on CD, and coloring her fuzzy poster. She has also been practicing telling time on her new watch. The other gifts will have to wait until at least tomorrow to be enjoyed. Thank you everyone!!

3 comments:
"Happy Happy Birthday Malia Dear"!! What? You ended up celebrating last night? I thought it was going to be today or tomorrow? I love your flower cake! So pretty! I saw your Bella Ballerina shoes at the store yesterday! I would love to see a demonstration next time we see you - so don't grow out of them too soon!!! :)
What a beautiful, sweet girl! We love you, too, Malia, even though we don't get to see you enough! What a great cake, Suzy! (I'm sorry but I had to laugh at Derek's mishap but I like the way Malia's teacher turned it positive.) Dallas is lucky to share his b'day with his sweet cousin!
Happy Birthday Malia! We still laugh about the day you were born and how your daddy wouldn't take your mommy to the hospital. :) We're glad he finally agreed, and we're so glad you are part of our family! We sure love you!
Post a Comment