Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Manuia lou aso fanau, Jared!

In Primary on Sunday during singing time we learned a verse to a song that taught us different ways to say Happy Birthday. "Manuia lou aso fanau" is how to say it in Samoan.

It's technically not Jared's 6th birthday until Wednesday. But with Jason going to mutual on Wednesday night, and since he had Monday off, we decided to celebrate early. Jared was more than happy to oblige!

We started off the day at a friend's house for a playdate. It was the girls' last hurrah before school today. Jason worked on the boys' toy box while we were gone. When we got back, we had Jared's pick for lunch. Then it was time for cake and ice cream. I attempted a snake. Swimming was next. After some down time at home, Jared opened presents from Grandma and Grandpa (Thank you, he wanted to take one of his bikes with him to the restaraunt, but we explained it would be safer to keep it at home). We ended the night with FHE, Jared's birthday dinner, opening the rest of his presents, and then it was time for bed.

I'm so glad I'll have a little longer repreive before our next birthday, Malia turns 9 on Thursday!




Malia's only pair of tennis shoes (her other pair is permanently at the school, for PE only, she informed us) had holes in the soles. She begged to open this birthday present early so that she could wear them to dinner last night, and have them for school today.

Today, was back to reality. With some new toys, the boys were entertained for quite some time. Jared is so sweet to share with his little brother!

Well, I better go, so that I can get Malia's cake made, so I can decorate it some time tomorrow! :)

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Attempted?!! That snake is superb!! So cute!! What little boy wouldn't LOVE it! You are such a good mommy!! Happy Birthday sweet handsome Jared! We surely do love You! Glad you had such a super birthday!! XXOO

Tara said...

What a great snake!!! Wow! And off to make another one! (I understand) Jared, you are growing up way too fast! Your cousins would love to see you again! We love you all!

Burke family said...

Happy Birthday Jared! Sounds like you had such a great birthday! We love you and wish we could have celebrated with you!