Sunday, August 12, 2012
Olympic Inspiration
It's been fun to watch the kids become so enamored with the Olympics. When they first started and we couldn't watch, we were so disappointed. But Jason unplugged the digital converter, and rigged it so that we could watch it using the old rabbit ears! Brilliant, I never would have thought to do that! The kids and I were very excited. I think the only thing that bummed out Makayla was that we only saw highlights of the women's Gold medal soccer game. After the women's gymnastics team got their gold, the kids rigged up kitchen chairs and pool noodles to pretended to be performing on the uneven bars, and made a "floor" with blankets to do routines. Malia especially like to pretend to "volt" (it took me a minute to realize she was pretending to vault). I had so much fun watching them, I didn't think to get out the camera.
After track and field started, I found them in the family room and caught some footage for ya.
The kids were very sad to see the Olympics end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Very creative and very entertaining!! They just make me laugh! I especially loved the Makayla assist Derek got! Too cute!!
So cute!! What a great idea!
This is all too familiar at our place too! We had to watch it on the AFN network and the times were so random. We caught bits and pieces of it, but the kids were very inspired. Kennedy has spent 90% of her day upside down since. She LOVED the gymnastics, and I did too! It's pretty inspiring to watch such amazing athletes!! We were sad when it was over too!! In fact, the kids think it's even more awesome now that all our furniture is gone. Kennedy and Nathan have turned our house into a gym/track.
Post a Comment