Sunday, November 28, 2010

"What are you thankful for?"

Our Thanksgiving 2010 celebration lasted all week long! We just have so much to be thankful for!

Thanks for the Christmas outfits!
A month ago we made a deal with the kiddos. They really wanted to see Tangled. We told them if they made good decisions more than they did bad decisions, improved an attitude, and stepped up in the chore department, we would take them to see Tangled. We are so happy that they earned it! I'm not sure if they see the improvement, but I really do! Naturally, they wanted goodies too. Their soccer money covered that! So Thanksgiving Day, because we were invited to some friends' for the Thanksgiving feast, and we didn't have an entire feast to prepare, we went to see it! We had a great time, I really liked it, and here's a BIG shocker, (ha, ha...you all know what a bawl baby I am) I cried during a few parts!

Thanksgiving morning while I was waiting for the Grants Pass High School Marching band to appear on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and making a few things to take to our friends', Jason was putting up the Christmas decorations!

Friday, the kids and I spent the day finishing our decorations, while I just managed to stay awake! (Gotta love Black Friday! I'm very thankful for Jason's job!!)


Although we were invited to some friends', Jason REALLY wanted a turkey of our own. So Saturday, we had our turkey, and a few other things. In the morning, after breakfast, we made our gingerbread mansion. Well, at least we attempted to build one. It seriously would not stay up! It began with parts of the roof falling off. The roof was too steep, and kept sliding off. The candy wouldn't even stay stuck on! The side walls came next, and by the end it looked like a victim of a tornado. It was still a fun process, and Makayla was very tickled that she could immediately devour parts of it.






As you can see, we needed a long walk after that! But it was a fun time remembering how blessed we are! Hopefully we can keep an attitude of gratitude all the year, and our lives long!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

The boys look so handsome in their suits and so grown up!! The gingerbread mansion looks like it was quite the project! Oh well, eating it is the best part if you are a kid!! Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving in Grants Pass! :)

Burke family said...

Ooooh! What handsome boys! We want to go see Tangled too - it looks like a fun one. I love the gingerbread mansion! What a great tradition!

Did your Christmas present from me come yet?? Remember not to open the envelope cuz it isn't wrapped inside. :)

Tara said...

What fun times! That gingerbread house looks delicious! We saw Tangled the day after Thanksgiving and I really liked it, too!