Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy 11th Birthday Makayla!

Makayla's first friend party at our house!
Her super-sized MP3 player
As party favors they made candy leis
The Minute to Win it games were a hit! Makayla's dragon pinata was enjoyed as well, and had too many close calls with swinging bats for me to be able to take pictures!!
The girls way of helping us stretch the carpet in our furniture free bedroom


Derek has claimed this game from G&G as his! Thank you for the presents,
she loves them!!
Makayla painted these dragons herself!!

Her party was so much fun the girls didn't want to leave. The party was supposed to be from noon-two. We got back home from dropping off the last of the guests after 8pm!! After the party was officially over, they stayed to paint nails, go for a walk, watch a movie, horse play in the yard, play Twister, and finally when it was time to put the boys to bed, I had to call it quits. It was very eye-opening. I thought, man these upcoming years are going to be exhausting if this is a prelude to all of the hanging out that our house is going to have!! Sheesh parents aren't joking about teenagers eating them out of house and home, not to mentioned how messy it was afterward!! But it was good to see that her freinds felt comfortable here, and wanted to stay. I remember at that age our house growing up was full of our friends as well, and I loved it!

We weren't able to get as much done on the house as we wanted to on Saturday, but we've made a lot of progress, and I'll have to save that for another post!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

It was so fun to see you all on the web cam! What a cutie that Makayla is! I'm glad the big party was such a success! You will always have a special place in Grandma and Grandpa's heart!! :)

Natalie said...

Actually this was Grandma using Natalie's computer!! :)

Miss Megan said...

Did you make that cake, Suzanne? It's fantastic! I can't believe Makayla is 11 already. You are a brave, kind woman to let so many young girls play at your house for so long -- my mom loved that our house was the "hang out house" for our brothers 'cause she got to know all their friends! I hope it's the same for you! Congratulations on such a gorgeous oldest child!

Tara said...

What a fun party!! I agree that it's great when friends feel comfortable hanging out at your house and your house looks like a blast!

Grandma said...

I forgot to say that I loved your I-pod cake too!! Very impressive work Suzy! Did Makayla help at all. I know she has a talent for that too! You just keep getting better and better! Aren't you glad that you just had 1 to make this time!!??