Sunday, May 1, 2011

Quick Road Trip

We just got back from a super fun, very quick trip to meet up with Katie (one of Jason's sisters)and Chris (her husband) in West Linn (Portland area). Chris's parents were very generous in opening their home to us. It was SO much fun, and definitely way too short!!

The ride up was great, it really went quickly. We saw some incredible rainbows!
Jared and Jordan were fast buddies. :)
OMSI is such a great place, learning is turned into play! We even ran into some friends from Grants Pass when we came back inside after a yummy picnic lunch!


Miss Halle cracks me up sometimes! She's so full of life! She just makes you smile and want to just cuddle her.














Derek enjoyed this little house that rolled as if you were in an earthquake



Makayla really enjoyed landing the shuttle on the runway

Malia "climbing a pyramid", and I smiled, because I could hear part of a soundtrack playing in my mind and thought of the phrase, "ah...despicable me"
Reconstructing pottery from shards
Building a pyramid


I had to giggle when I was looking at some of the pictures, where there are serious, concentrated looks on faces...we played so hard, I think we were wearing ourselves out! Derek fell asleep, and by this time of day, it was getting close to dinner time.


As we were walking to the van to go to dinner, the kids mentioned how sad they were to leave the museum, because they were having such a good time. It was fun to hear what their favorite exhibits were.

At the Old Spaghetti Factory (SO delicious), Malia was our treasure hunter! She found a bouncy ball or two, and some change. After I saw how she acquired her bounty, the white wear marks in the knees of her jeans make so much more sense!
Jared's sword and sheath
Derek's spiderman
Malia's flower
Makayla's robot
and Jordan's gun
Before church with the cousins
Thank you, thank you, thank you Katie and Chris for inviting us!! We sure love you guys, miss you already and can't wait to see you again!!

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Thank you for this post Suzy! How wonderful it was too see some of my most precious people in the whole world having a great time together! How I wish we could have been there too!! I noticed the looks of concentration on the faces too! So cute!! It looks like a great place. I always wanted to go there but we never made it (yet?) XXOO

Burke family said...

Oh, we had a great time too! Thanks for coming to see us! If only it wasn't such a short visit!

Tara said...

How fun to be such a fun place with the family you love! Looks like a wonderful trip!