Monday, May 9, 2011

"Mother I love you...Mother I do"

We have the best home teachers! Wasn't this sweet of them to stop this by yesterday?Malia's pretty flower from school is in the yellow pot. She wrote such a thoughtful note, drew a wonderful picture, and a poem...xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo(Thanks Jared).





Last night I heard some strange sounds from the boys' room, and Derek comes running out. I went in to see this. (Jared informed me, those are some of the twistable crayons I'd been looking for, sitting on top of the blinds) I asked Derek what happened. From the front room, I hear Jason say, "Tell Mom, 'Happy Mother's Day, Mom' ". Followed by Derek's little voice echoing his Dad's prompting. This was a time I was glad I was too short. Jason came and fixed it for me.




The Saturday before Mother's Day, was a normal crazy day. We went to Jared's t-ball game in the morning, then off to the store. Malia wanted some white church shoes, and there were some other things that we needed. Seemed simple enough. Four stores later, still no white church shoes that were her size and that she would wear.

Earlier in the week, Jared and Derek apparently put a pillow on Malia's face, and together jumped on the pillow, with her underneath it. When I ran out of the kitchen upon hearing her screams, her glasses were not doing well. Quick call to the Wal-mart Vision Center, because by now it was after 5, and our optometrist was probably closed. Yes, they were open, so into the van we pile, and head out there. Thankfully her glasses came out only needing a new screw, and a little realigning. (The lady that fixed up her glasses did warn us that the frames just about broke, and that they are getting close to breaking).

Makayla had outgrown her church shoes, and while we were there we found some that she liked. Malia also found some that she liked, but they didn't have them in her size. Naturally by this time of day, the store was picked pretty clean. I assured Malia that we would be back here probably within a few days, and hopefully they will have restocked her size of the shoes she wanted. This is Wal-mart, what was I thinking?

This story has a happy ending! After taking a break from hunting for shoes Saturday morning, we went to Makayla's soccer game, and had a picnic while she practiced. (We saved food for Makayla. ) After a depressing game, we headed over to Diamond for some wood. Our relator gave us a few more projects to work on when we met with her on Thursday night. While the boys went for wood, the girls hunted for shoes. Finally success!! Well, since it was Payless, and it was buy one get one half off, we had to take advantage of that! Each girl got a new pair of church shoes and a new pair of school shoes, because sadly they had both outgrown theirs,or needed another pair!

We had the missionaries over for dinner Saturday night, (which made nice leftovers for Mother's day dinner, Oh yeah!)

Can you believe, another Mother's Day has come and gone?! It was actually a very nice day!

Jason and the kids made me a yummy breakfast, the kids behaved well in sacrament meeting, for the most part. Went for a walk, and the boys are becoming fans of Hilary Weeks too (Thank you Mom Hatt and Mom)! They sing, "I am a teenager so all I hear is, 'Bibbidy, bobbidy, boo'", (a joking explanation about why she repeatedly has asked one of her teenage daughters to do something, her daughter says she will, but repeatedly doesn't...she jokingly explains it must be because parents and teenagers speak different languages) and "Bedtime and naptime, and bedtime and naptime, bedtime and naptime..." (one of her parodies, her version of "Favorite Things", from the Sound of Music) it makes me smile! (And I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of my other Hilary Weeks CD) Makayla made me laugh too. There is a part in one of the songs where it says, "When the kids fight, when my husband's late, when I'm feeling sad, I open the freezer, pull out the ice cream, and then I don't feel so bad!" And Makayla says, "That explains a lot!" I HAD to laugh. Yep, I'd been found out! I had to confess that there had been days like that, and yes, sometimes that's what happens to our ice cream! :)

Makayla made a booklet entitled, "Top Ten Reasons Why I Love My Mom".

Reason #1: I love her because she makes me the cake I want for my birthday.

Reason #2: I love her because she sneaks me candy when my siblings aren't looking. (Yeah, this one was NOT popular with siblings! Makayla informed me, she didn't think I would read them OUT LOUD)

Reason #3: I love her because she gives me shirts that don't fit her (we're almost the same size).

Reason #4: I love her because she takes me to my practice first before my brother's and sister's practice.

Reason #5: I love her because she comes to my soccer games when I ask her to.

Reason #6: I love her because she takes care of me when I'm sick.

Reason #7: I love her because she gets me what I want on my birthday and Christmas.

Reason #8:I love her because she encourages me to do things and is happy when I accomplish things.

Reason #9: I love her because when we have ice cream she gives me an extra large serving.

Reason #10: Last, but not least I love her beacuse she loves me.

I loved it!! Yeah, it was a good day. To my Mom and Mom Hatt, "Mother, I love you, Mother I do!!" And to all you wonderful mothers out there, I LOVE YOU too!!!

2 comments:

Grandma said...

This post made me laugh and be glad I am now the Grandma and not the Mom because i just don't have the necessary energy required to keep up with all thos cute energetic kids!!!

Tara said...

Happy Mother's Day to a great mother!! What priceless cards the girls made! I love Makayla's reasons for loving you. So sincere! I am loving my Hilary Weeks book & CD, too! Grandma is the best!