Sunday, November 29, 2009

Santa Claus is coming to town...

The day after Thanksgiving Jason came home from work a little early (yeah!). So, we headed down town :) to see Santa ride in on the fire engine. When we got there, we were surprised to see a pretty sparse attendance. I found out where we could visit with Santa, and there was only one family in line. I got in line thinking, wow, only 10 minutes early, and we get to see Santa without waiting in an unending line! Come to find out we were an hour and 10 minutes early! :) So we didn't see Santa ride in on the fire engine, but got to watch them light the tree, listen to live Christmas music while we waited, and sit on Santa's lap instead. The kids impressed me with how patiently they waited to see St. Nick. No picture of Derek with Santa posted. He reacted about like what we expected. Not a fan of Santa yet.

Thanks for the fun package Grandma and Grandpa!! I thought these guys looked pretty cute in their Christmas outfits, the candy helped to encourage reverence in sacrament meeting :), and the books are being enjoyed! I was planning on having letters to Santa written this afternoon, but some other things came up. I think that'll have to wait until tomorrow!

Jared can only find one boot, and soaked his tennis shoes earlier in the day at the park. So we're wearing sandals with socks!



4 comments:

Grandma said...

It sounds like it was lots of fun welcoming Santa to town! Loved the pictures! Too cute! The kids look adorable in their new outfits (just like I thought they would!) We sure do love our Grants Pass kids!

Burke family said...

What a fun event! And the kids look adorable in their Christmas outfits!

Tara said...

Sounds like fun! The kids all look so cute in their outfits!! Grandma has done it again!

Carmen said...

Thanks for sharing...our town is the BEST (at times...Xmas)